Hello all – Vicki sent me two lovely photos from our garden and it looks like the flowers are starting to bloom! If you’d like to share more garden photos on our website, please email them to me at email@example.com.
Thanks to everyone who came out to clean up the garden — it was a beautiful day and we made a lot of progress!
Here are a few pictures of our lovely garden and plants at the beginning of the season.
Hello everyone – yes, it’s that time of year again. The snow is melting, the sun is starting to shine, and it’s time to prep the garden for an fantastic season!
- Saturday, April 8 (from 10am-noon) 1st Spring Garden Clean-up – if you would like to renew your Transit Garden membership at that time, please come and do so. It is still $30 a season/year. Checks can be made to SBLDC (or cash accepted). If you are NOT returning, please let Vicki Devor know ASAP.
- Renewing your membership: if you’re planning on renewing your membership to the garden, but are unable to attend on Saturday, April 8th, please reach out to Vicki privately ASAP. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org and cell is 917-774-6633. And please note that if she does not hear from you and receive payment for your growth area/planter by May 15, 2017, your planter will be re-assigned so that all plots are cared for properly.
- Communication is key: your garden membership will not be automatically renewed. Vicki will be discussing your growth area/planter with everyone at the Spring clean-up meeting or privately in person. Since there are people on the wait list, we’re sure you understand. Thank you.
- Bittersweet: Libby and Megan, who have been huge contributors to the garden (almost from the very beginning) will not be returning. We’re wish them all the best in the future, yet are sad to see them leave our garden community! We may be having a special “goodbye” event for them — more details on this to come very soon.
Here are a few photos of the garden — I hope you enjoy them on this raining and dreary day!.
Hello all —
It doesn’t feel like Spring, but let’s get together anyway. Here are the details.
* What: MTA Garden Clean-up and lunch (“drinks” & sandwiches)
* When: May 21, 2016 from 11am-2pm
* Where: in the Garden
Please RSVP to Vicki so she knows how many sandwiches we’ll need!
Hello all — We had our first Spring Meeting tonight. The weather was perfect, the plants look healthy, and everyone enjoyed themselves. We’ll do it again soon!
A few things I wanted to share from tonight’s meeting:
- Did you know that the Transit Garden has vines? I’m not talking about tomato vines, video vines – click here to see. Thanks Jo Cogan!
- If you want to help out with Community Planters, please contact Libby or Vicki
- Susan will be looking into getting some type of lighting (solar probably) and will get back to everyone
- We’re looking for a people who are handy who can help re-build some of our wooden planters. If you know of anyone, please let Vicki know ASAP
- If you’d like me to publish any pictures, videos, or announcements on this website, please just email me at email@example.com
Hello everyone — Spring has finally sprung and it’s time to enjoy our garden, and meet/mingle with fellow gardeners.
When: May 16 at 5pm (rain date May 23)
What: bring a bottle of wine, appetizer, whatever you want
Any questions, please send an email to Vicki at firstname.lastname@example.org