The Transit Garden is a member-supported community garden located at the corner of Smith Street and 2nd Place.
If you’d like to join our community, either as a gardener or Friend of the Garden, send us an email at email@example.com.
To keep things running smoothly, we have a few community guidelines:
- Keep your plot clean, healthy, watered, and disease-free. We are all part of the same ecosystem.
- Return all tools, gloves, fertilizers, etc. to the shed when you’re done. Please make sure your kids do the same. Put away the hoses neatly.
- Please do not pick any plants or flowers outside of your own plot.
- Supervise your kids. Make sure your kids (and their babysitter) know which plot is yours. All our rules apply to kids as well.
- Leashed dogs are allowed. Please be considerate, clean up after your dog, and make sure other gardeners present are comfortable with dogs.
- Please help water ornamental beds.
- Help keep the garden clean & tidy. Toss trash that blows in, help sweep fallen leaves, etc.
- Please email the garden before donating pots, trellises, etc. to the garden.
- Please email the garden before inventing more garden space around your plot. Seating areas are definitely off limits.
- Make sure the water is off before you leave.
- Lock the garden when you leave.
- Members are welcome to bring friends into the garden. Members are responsible for their guests’ behavior.
- Take as much of your trash with you as possible. We don’t have a formal trash pick up.
- While present in the garden, members are welcome to invite the community in. Please make sure visitors don’t take or leave anything. Make sure there are no non-members in the garden before you leave.
- As per our lease, only dues-paying members may have a key to the garden. Should you discontinue your membership, you must return your key.